The on-line Single Person Discount form has been specially designed to be easy to fill in.
- The form will help and guide you as you work through it, to ensure you only fill in the parts that are relevant to your claim.
- Some questions MUST be answered in order to enable you to complete the form. These questions are highlighted with a *.
- If you don't provide an answer for a question that must be answered, or if you provide an answer in an incorrect format, the question will show this symbol and you will need to either provide an answer or correct your answer
- Help text is available for many questions on the form. To access the text just click on at the end of the question
- The form is secure and all your information is encrypted.
- You can save the form at any point before you submit it. Please make sure that you make a note of your unique reference number which is shown towards the top right corner of this page. You can then return to the form at any point to complete it.
Please note: Your form will be saved for one calendar month. If you do not complete and submit the form within this time you will need to complete a new form.
If you’re the only adult (aged 18 or over) living in your home, you can claim a Single Person Council Tax Discount of 25%.
This discount is awarded on your main home and not on second homes. If you are claiming a discount because someone has moved out of your home leaving you as the only adult, please tell us their new address. This will help us check your claim.
You will not be entitled to a discount if someone has left your home for a short period of time, or intends to return in the future.
Please choose one of the following options.
Continue a saved form
Choose this option to:
- retrieve a previously saved form
- Upload evidence to a form you have already submitted
Simply enter your reference number from last time and click Continue to carry on.